Steeda Tri-Ax Short for Tremec (1979-93 TKO & 3550)
- In Stock - Ships within 3-5 Business Days
Unlike other heavy-duty shifters, Steeda didn't just copy their T-5 shifter onto a Tremec base. The entire shifter mechanism was re-engineered to have the correct pivot ratio and spring tension for the beefier Tremec transmission. Your Tremec isn't the same inside as a T-5. Why should your shifter be?
Steeda did keep the patented features that make the Tri-Ax the most popular shifter in the market. From the ergonomically comfortable Tri-Ax handle to the third gear assisting Offset preload mechanism. You can be sure this shifter will perform as you've come to expect a Tri-Ax shifter to perform. Giving you no miss 3rd gear shifts, short throws, and a positive, confident feel.
Note: Comes with free tube of silicone tubing.
Compatibility: Tremec 3550 and TKO Transmissions
Mount Location: Floor Mount
Grip Style: Pistol
Shifter Lever Color: Silver
Includes Shifter Knob: No
Includes Shift Linkage: No
Includes Mounting Hardware: No
- "Offset-Preload" coil springs find third gear for you so you won't miss!
- Most comfortable hand position of any short throw shifter
- Two position adjustable height
- Shortest throw of any shifter
- Smooth, confident, precise shifts
- Exclusive BootGuard (prevents damage to factory rubber inner boot)
- Adjustable positive stops prevent over extending the shift lever, preventing costly transmission damage
- Compact tower design is easier to install
- CNC machined from billet 6061 T-6 aluminum
- Heavy duty construction
- No welds, stampings, or castings to break
- Nickel plated pivot shaft won't rust or stain
- Grade 8 and stainless steel hardware
- Made in the USA
- Accepts factory & Steeda knobs
- Includes Steeda's exclusive Tri-Ax shift handle
- No complicated, unnecessary adjustments unlike competitive designs
1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993 Mustang with T-5/T-45 Transmission
1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986 Mustang with T-5/T-45 Transmission